Assignment 1: Discussion
In this module, you learned about leadership approaches that are based on leaders’ traits and skills. In this assignment, you will examine and provide examples of the traits and skills to leadership. In addition, you will compare and contrast the theories in order to determine how they differ and what similarities they may share.
Supported by academic sources, and in a minimum of 400 words, respond to the following:
- Examine at least three traits and skills that support effective leadership. Explain why these traits and skills contribute to effective leadership.
- In what situations would these skills and traits be most effective? Give an example of an organizational scenario where these skills and traits would be effective in solving a problem or issue.
By the due date assigned, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two peersâ€™ responses.
Write your initial response in 300â€“500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peersâ€™ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
|Grading Table||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||
|Language and grammar||