Assignment 2: RA: Case Analysis
In this assignment, you will discuss the issues pertaining to informed consent in conducting evaluations and apply ethical decision making to a scenario in which there is a professional ethical conflict.
Review vignette 3 from the following article:
After you have read the vignette, answer the following questions in a 2- to 3-page paper:
- Should the evaluation, which is requested by the warden, be completed? Why or why not?
- Would your answer change if the psychologist were not a member of APA? Why or why not?
- What multicultural/diversity issues would one need to consider if the inmate in the vignette were a homosexual, African-American male who was raised in an adoptive, single-parent household? What ethical and multicultural issues would a professional need to consider in conducting an evaluation of an individual with this background?
- Support your answers with appropriate references in APA style.
- Save your paper as M3_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc. By the due date assigned, post it to the Submissions Area.
|Assignment Component||Proficiency||Maximum Points|
|Apply ethical guidelines and legal requirements of practice to specific ethical dilemma.||
Appropriate and specific ethical guidelines and legal requirements of practice are identified and applied to ethical dilemma.
Application is accurate and appropriate to resolving or addressing the ethical dilemma(s).
|/ 48 pts.|
Present well-reasoned arguments to support chosen course of action.
Chosen action is ethical and legal.
Arguments presented are well-reasoned and supported by scholarly literature, professional ethical guidelines, and/or the law.
Arguments clearly support the course of action on a broad level.
/ 40 pts.
|Addressed multicultural/diversity considerations in the evaluation||Considerations presented are appropriately situated and supported by scholarly literature, professional ethical guidelines, and/or the law.||
/ 24 pts.
|Describe ethical guidelines and law governing practice of mental health.||Specific ethical guidelines and legal requirements of practice identified are appropriate to real-life scenario. Description of guidelines and laws are clear and complete, and they are grounded in scholarly literature.||/ 48 pts.|
Ability to present self professionally.
|Responses were generally clear, concise, organized, and well-supported using multiple sources in adherence with APA style.
The studentâ€™s responses cited most sources in correct APA style.
Most references were cited parenthetically and included in the reference list.
Minimal and correct use of direct quotations.
|/ 40 pts.|
|Total:||/ 200 pts.|