SCM Case Analysis: Information Technology
Relax! Stop worrying about deadlines and let our professional writers help you. Hire an essay writer helper and receive a professional assignment before your deadline. We provide writing services for all types of academic assignments.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Please type the paper in 12 font, Times new roman and a minimum of 2 full pages. Please be as detailed as possible. Please include at least 2 creditable references and please list in APA format free of errors and extra word fillers. Please include page numbers at the bottoms of each page ONLY not the top.
Please center headings and for each indent use 6 spaces instead of a tab.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Please see below for more detailed instructions on requirements etc.
The assessment instructions is a guide for the paper and please answer each bullet in the paper from the assessment portion of the instructions.
On the last 2 assignments as it will mention below I used Amazon.com. Please feel free to choose any option from the list below under assessment instructions.
In 800–1000 words, respond to a series of questions about a selected company’s information management system.
Meeting customer demands and high efficiencies are the goals of the majority of supply chains, and companies strive to develop sustainable long term supply chain solutions.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Design a supply chain to support an organizational strategy.
- Describe an organization’s information management system (IMS).
- Competency 2: Improve efficiency in the supply chain.
- Evaluate the competitive aspects of an organization’s IMS.
- Describe how the IMS helps coordinate between supply chain partners.
- Competency 3: Manage a supply chain in order to satisfy customers.
- Explain how an IMS helps monitor orders and inventory levels and satisfy customers.
- Explain why managing information is equally or more important to a company than moving products.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a professional manner that is consistent with the expectations for supply chain managers and participants.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing, critical thinking, and research; adhere to APA style and formatting.
There is a need for coordination in the supply chain and to understand the impact of coordination on supply chain performance. The information management system measures the success of each supply chain partner and allows the members to improve as they develop trust and closer working relationships. The innovation and changes produced in supply chains, both in response to market changes or from the drive to improve efficiency, effectively customize its structure, and improve its performance.
Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
For the following questions, refer to the National Geographic video, Ultimate Factories: IKEA, and Kinnander’s article, “IKEA’s Challenge to the Wooden Shipping Pallet,” listed in the Resources.
- What is the importance of developing a sustainable supply chain?
- What are three initiatives that IKEA is doing to make its supply chain sustainable?
- Kinnander, O. (2011). IKEA’s challenge to the wooden shipping pallet. Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved from http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/ikeas-challenge-to-the-wooden-shipping-pallet-11232011.html.
- Sustainable Supply Chain Foundation. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.sustainable-scf.org/
In Assessment 3, you selected a company from the list below and wrote a paper about their supply chain strategy and their use of forecasting and planning to develop their strategy. In Assessment 4, you prepared a PowerPoint presentation for a company from this list. For this assessment, once again choose a company from this list, either one you analyzed in a previous assessment or one you have not used before.
- L. L. Bean.
- Johnson and Johnson.
Research and write about your selected company’s information management system (IMS) and respond to the following questions. You can research your responses via the Capella library and the Internet.
- Describe the company’s information management system.
- Does its IMS give the company a competitive advantage over their competition?
- How does the IMS help coordinate between supply chain partners?
- Explain how the IMS helps to monitor orders and inventory levels and satisfy customers.
- Explain why managing information is equally or more important to the company than moving products.
Write your answer in a Microsoft Word document in 800–1000 words. All written assessments should follow APA style and formatting guidelines for attributing sources.
Great students hand in great papers. Order our essay service if you want to meet all the deadlines on time and get top grades. Professional custom writing is the choice of goal-focused students. Word on the online streets is... we're simply the best!
Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper