1. What were Presidents Kennedy and Johnson’s motivations for deepening America’s military involvement in the Vietnam War?
2. What were the strategies and achievements of the civil rights movement in the 1960s? What divisions emerged among its activists during the decade?
3. What were President Lyndon B. Johnson’s major war on poverty and Great Society initiatives? How did they impact American society?
4. How did the youth revolt and the early civil rights movement influence other protest movements? How did new protest movements affect social attitudes and public policy?
5. How did the political environment of the late sixties shape President Richard M. Nixon’s election strategy and domestic policy?
6. How and why did Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger change military and political strategies to end America’s involvement in the Vietnam War?