NO COVER PAGE, NO PAGE NUMBERS, PLEASE MAKE IT 2-3 PAGES IF YOU CAN. IT DOES NOT ALWAYS GIVE ME HOW MANY PAGES OPTION. PLEASE PUT THE ARTICLE INTO PROPER CITATION.
For this assignment, you will review and reflect on the Prophylactic Hysterectomy article. This article can be applied to healthcare providers in the primary care and specialty settings. Discussion of the article is based on the course objectives and weekly content, which emphasize the core learning objectives for an evidence-based primary care curriculum. Throughout your nurse practitioner program, discussions are used to promote the development of clinical reasoning through the use of ongoing assessments and diagnostic skills, and to develop patient care plans that are grounded in the latest clinical guidelines and evidence-based practice.
- Discuss any “take-away” thoughts from the article.
- What are the ethical dilemmas to consider with prophylactic surgeries?
- Discuss the screenings/interventions/options/education that you would provide to a patient that has a strong family history of ovarian cancer.
- What if the patient has no health insurance?
- What resources could you offer to assist the patient?
HERE ARE SOME REFERENCES TO USE IF THEY RELATE:
- Hawkins, J., Roberto-Nicholas,D. & Stanley-Haney, J. (2016). Guidelines for Nurse Practitioners in Gynecologic Settings (11th ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing. ISBN-13: 978-0826122827
- Neinstein, L.S., Katzman, D.K., Callahan, S.T., Gordon, C.M., Joffe, A., & Rickert, V.I. (2016). Adolescent and Young Adult Health Care (6th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer. ISBN: 978-1451100083
- Schuiling, K. D. & Likis, F. E. (2016). Women’s Gynecologic Health (3rd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett. ISBN: 9781284076028