PurposeIn this assignment, you will assess the impact of health legislation on nursing practice and communicate your analysis to your peers. GovTrack.us provides a list of federal health bills that ar
Relax! Stop worrying about deadlines and let our professional writers help you. Hire an essay writer helper and receive a professional assignment before your deadline. We provide writing services for all types of academic assignments.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
In this assignment, you will assess the impact of health legislation on nursing practice and communicate your analysis to your peers. GovTrack.us provides a list of federal health bills that are currently in process in Congressional Committees.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO4: Integrates clinical nursing judgment using effective communication strategies with patients, colleagues, and other healthcare providers. (PO#4)
CO7: Integrates the professional role of leader, teacher, communicator, and manager of care to plan cost-effective, quality healthcare to consumers in structured and unstructured settings. (PO#7)
The assignment is worth 175 points.
Submit your completed assignment by
Sunday of Week 3 by 11:59 p.m. MT
A short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment may be viewed here: Healthcare Policy (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
1. This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points may be used).
2. You are educating your peers through this presentation regarding a federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
3. Go to https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/health/6130 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
4. Choose a health-related federal bill of interest. Read through the bill and develop a summary
in your own words
. Include the bill number and name.
5. Here is a link to our U.S. legislative process (bill to law) for review, if needed.
https://www.congress.gov/legislative-process (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
For those not familiar with the development of a PowerPoint slideshow, the following link to the Microsoft website may be helpful –
https://support.office.com/office-training-center?redirectSourcePath=%252fen-us%252farticle%252fb8f02f81-ec85-4493-a39b-4c48e6bc4bfb (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Include the following information in your presentation
· Title slide (Your name, NR451, session, Healthcare Policy assignment)
· Bill name and number (indicate either H.B. or S.B.)
· Bill summary (in your own words)
· Address how this bill might impact professional
nursing practice standards
if passed? If not passed?
· How might the bill impact
your own nursing practice
· How might you communicate your concerns about or support for this bill based on nursing practice, standards, or patient outcomes?
· How might this bill impact your community?
· References slide to include the Bill source in APA format.
· No more than 12 slides
There is no required form or template for this assignment.
Please use PowerPoint best practices throughout your presentation.
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
· Review directions and rubric thoroughly prior to beginning assignment.
· Watch short Kaltura video.Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
· Make slides easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
Cite all sources on the appropriate slides with (author, year) as well as on the Reference slide.
· Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
· Use the rubric as a final check prior to submission to ensure all content is clearly addressed.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment. Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
NOTE: Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
Great students hand in great papers. Order our essay service if you want to meet all the deadlines on time and get top grades. Professional custom writing is the choice of goal-focused students. Word on the online streets is... we're simply the best!
Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper