Health Effects of Exposures to Pesticides
Pesticides have a broad application, including their use in occupational and nonoccupational settings. Many pesticides have been linked to adverse health effects, and as a result, have been banned from use.
Using your course textbook, the South University Online Library, and the Internet, research on episodes of exposure to pesticides that caused adverse health outcomes in humans. Choose one episode and respond to the following questions:
- What are the health effects that the pesticide exposure caused in humans?
- What are the steps that could have been taken to prevent the adverse health outcomes from occurring?
- What are the changes required in the existing law that could discourage the reoccurrence of such exposures?
- Apart from law enforcement, what are the other ways to prevent future occurrences of such episodes?
- Explain the association between exposure to pesticides and health effects
- please cite sources