Write a persuasive speech on why college athletes should be paid. Include a speech outline.
Speech needs to be 6-8 minutes long.
You will verbally cite 5 sources in your speech, and you will cite these sources in the text of your outline, as well as in your reference list, using the American Psychological Association [APA] format.Label and use the Problem-Solution, the Causal, or the Monroe’s Motivational Sequence organizational arrangement/pattern for main points.
- Label and use rhetorical appeals/proofs: ethos, pathos, logos, mythos
- Label and use one rhetorical device.
- Label and use one literary device.
- Label and use motivational appeals (one appeal to an audience need; one appeal to an audience value).
- Use one instance of reasoning and its parts (deductive, inductive, causal, or analogous).
- Be mindful of your context (record your speech with no distractions behind you; a blank wall works well).
- Verbally cite your sources within your speech.
- Use APA format in your outline (in-text source citations match reference list, and vice versa).