Option #1: Super Advertising
Whether you love football or hate it, the Super Bowl has become marketing’s super opportunity for advertising. Blogs abound. Monday-morning quarterbacks dissect each ad’s theme, influence, effectiveness, viral qualities, and so much more. All that while the bottom line remains the same—did the ad affect consumer behavior?
Review this article from Moneyish. Pick one ad identified in the article and respond to each of the following questions:
- How does this ad relate to various groups—e.g., social groups, income groups, and subcultures—as discussed by Solomon?
- Who is the target audience for this ad? How did you come to this conclusion?
- What is the call to action, and how does the company seek to use consumer behavior to its advantage?
- What makes this ad “viral” and buzz-worthy?
Your paper must:
- Be 3-4 pages in length.
- Be formatted according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA.
- Include at least three outside sources, preferably peer-reviewed journal articles. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.