This assignment asks you to consider a negotiation scenario with family members.
Consider this scenario: You and your brother work for your father’s successful family business, which employs 15 individuals. Your role has evolved from being the Chief Machinist to being the General Manager and main salesperson for the business. Your brother has creative talent and is good at designing and fabrication, but is not strong in interpersonal skills. Additionally, your brother does not take care of his personal appearance and uses language around customers that is not appropriate.
Your father wants you to give your brother additional responsibilities. He suggests that your brother should work in the sales/front-facing side of the business. Your father has asked you to develop a plan that successfully integrates your brother into the public side of the business. However, you do not feel that it is the right thing to do for the business!
Explain your negotiation strategy. Additionally, address the following topics:
- Explain why this is a multi-issue negotiation, as well as the benefits of this type of negotiation.
- Define your goal or desired outcome for this negotiation.
- Explain what you know about your father’s goals or interests concerning the negotiation.
- Additionally, list the questions you need to ask to improve your understanding of the other party’s goals and interests.
- Discuss any potential issues you believe might arise in this negotiation as a result of your relationship with the other party.
- Propose at least two strategies you will employ in the negotiation to help maintain your relationship with this person.
Your paper should be 7 pages in length and conform to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. Include at least three scholarly references in addition to the course readings. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these resources.