Respond to this discussion activity by constructing a one-paragraph argument about one of the following topics:
- The exposition, complication, climax of Antigone;
- the central conflict of Antigone;
- one of the characters of Antigone;
- the function of the chorus in Antigone;
- one of the dominant themes of Antigone.
Once you have selected a topic:
- Make a claim about how the literary elements above are significant in the assigned classical Greek tragedy. Alternatively, you may discuss the relationship between two of these elements in the play.
- Add evidence to support your claim in the form of a quotation from the story to illustrate the point you are making.
- Add analysis by explaining how your quote proves or illustrates your claim.