In an 8 to 10 page paper, describe three rate based
measurements of quality.
Select three rate based measurements of quality that you
will use as the primary basis for this paper.
1) Health Outcomes Survey (HOS) or Hospital CAHPS
(HCAHPS) please choose one here.
2) Seclusions and Restraints Rate
3) Urinary tract infection admission rate
These measurements must relate to some aspect of clinical
or service quality that directly relates to patient care or the patient’s
experience of care. Please choose a psychiatric hospital or a
behavior healthcare organization with both inpatient and outpatient/clinic
settings. You do not need actual data from a given organization to complete
measure to include descriptions of the following:
– The definition of the measure
– The numerical description of how the measurement is constructed (the
numerator/denominator measure counts, the formula used to construct the rate,
– Explain how the data for this measure are collected
– Describe how the measurement is compared externally to other like settings;
differentiate between the actual rate and a percentile ranking.
– Explain whether the measure is risk adjusted or not. If so, explain
briefly how this is accomplished.
– Describe how goals might be set for each measure in an aggressive
organization, which is seeking to excel in the marketplace.
–Describe the importance of each measure to a chosen
clinical organization and setting.
–Relate each measure to patient safety, to the cost of
poor quality, and to the overall cost of healthcare.