For this module’s discussion, find information and statistics about employee and leader perceptions of performance reviews. Perform a Google search using terms such as “performance management statistics” or “performance reviews AND perception”. A good place to start for information on this topic is SHRM.org or The Global State of Employee Engagement at officevibe.com.
In your main post, share interesting or surprising findings and be sure to cite the source of the information.
Answer one or two of the questions below based on your research.
- Are employers happy with traditional performance management systems?
- What do most employees believe about performance review impacting the quality of their work?
- Is the time devoted to performance reviews significant (3+ weeks per year)?
- How happy are workers about reviews happening once per year? Would they prefer more or less frequent feedback?
- How do employees’ perceptions around performance management differ based on generational group (Millennial, Gen X, Baby Boomers)?
- Do HR Managers and general leaders share the same perceptions of performance management?
- Is the perception of performance reviews similar worldwide?