- Melnyk, B. M. & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2015). Evidence-based practice in nursing & healthcare: A guide to best practice (3rd ed.). Wolters Kluwer Health. ISBN: 978-1-4511-9094-6 Chapters 22
- The World Medical Association, Inc. (2013). Declaration of Helsinki.
- The University of Maine at Farmington. (, 2017). The Belmont Report | Institutional Review Board.
- Department of Health and Human Services | National Institutes of Health. (n.d.). Policy and procedures: The Intramural NIH Human Research Protection Program (HRPP).
- American Nurses Association. (n.d.) ANA Official Position Statements: Ethics and Human Rights.
Ethics and Evidence-Based Research
Write a 1250-1500 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to answer all the questions for each bullet point completely. There should be three main sections, one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you address in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least two (2) sources using citations in your essay. Make sure to cite using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page in correct APA do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Part 1: Describe why ethical safeguards designed for clinical research may not be feasible or appropriate for evidence-based practice or evidence-based practice implementation projects.
Part 2: Review the sectioned headed,
Two Ethical Exemplars in Chapter 22 of the textbook (
Melnyk and Fineout-Overholt, 2015, pages 518-519). Discuss three main ethical controversies related to implementing Evidence-Based Quality Improvement (EBQI) Initiatives. Describe how these controversies relate to the four core ethical principles.
Part 3: Identify which ethical principles may conflict with the concept of “patients having an ethical responsibility in improving healthcare.” Discuss how these conflicts may be resolved.
Length: 1250 – 1500 wordsStructure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.