- M5 Assignment 1 SubmissionAssignment
Due March 13 at 12:59 AM
Assignment 1: LASA 2: Putting the Puzzle Together
Every group, whether social or professional, has roles that need to be filled in order for the group to function effectively. Sometimes, people choose the role they want to play. At other times, people may naturally fall into a role without even realizing it. Research group roles or group dynamics using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet. Write an essay on the topic. Address the following:
- What types of group roles are there? Name and describe at least six different roles. Also, note that similar roles are known by different names, for example, leader and facilitator. What you call a role is not as important as doing a good job of explaining the purpose and duties of each role.
- Can some roles have more than one person in that role in one group? If so, which roles are they? Which roles, if any, cannot have more than one person in the role in one group? Why?
- Can you rank the roles in order of importance? If yes, do so and explain your ranking. If you could not rank the roles, explain why. Is it because all roles are equally important?
- What role do you tend to play in groups? Is it a role you choose because you enjoy it or because you are just naturally good at it?
- We have all had to struggle with some roles we were required to play. Describe such an experience from your personal or professional life. Explain the difficulty and how you solved it.
- In a summary paragraph, discuss the value or constraint that you find with group roles. Discuss how knowledge of group roles will help a group communicate and work together.
Write a 4-5 page essay in Word format. Apply APA standards for writing style to your work. Include a References page for any articles and websites used in your research.
When saving your essay, use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.doc.By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria Maximum Points Analyzes and explains at least six different types of roles in groups. 40 Discusses and supports whether one person may play more than one role in a group. 40 Discusses and supports whether or not roles can be ranked in order of importance. 40 Explains and supports the role the student typically plays in groups. 40 Describes an event where the student personally struggled with his/her role within a group and how the struggle with this role was overcome. 40 Discusses how knowledge of group roles will help a group communicate and work together. 36 Style (8 points): Tone, audience, and word choice.
Organization (16 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusion.
Usage and Mechanics (16 points): Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
APA Elements (24 points): In text citations and references, paraphrasing, and appropriate use of quotations and other elements of style.
64 Total: 300
Academicgurus.net is meant to assist students throughout their academic life by providing educational and sample writing materials. All products created by academicgurus.net are model assignments that can be used to prepare one’s own individual research. If customers opt to pass any of our products as their own, they do it at their own risk.
Payment & Security
+1 (940) 305-2632