Assignment 2: Investigative Summary Report
After reading the Leopold-Loeb Case, use the template below and write an investigative summary report from the perspective of an Investigator of this crime describing the basic investigative techniques utilized in the case. The case can be found on the Reading page in the unit when you click on the Web Resources icon. Your report should address all of the following:
- First, answer who, what, where, when, why and how from reading the case.
- How was the victim, Bobby Frank killed and with what type of weapon?
- What would be the primary characteristics of this type of wound?
- The investigator’s linked key evidence from this crime scene to the original source, what was the source, and how valuable was that source of information in connecting one of the defendants to the crime scene?
- How would you categorize the motive for the killing in this case?
- What type of homicide was this case Leopold-Loeb compared to the types that were learned in the chapter readings?
- Did this case follow the normal investigative procedures, if so how?
The entire attached template is to be completed. Link to case: