International Terrorism Due Week 10 and worth 200 pointsChoose an international terrorist group from the following list, and
use the Internet or Strayer databases to research the origin, purpose,
and effects on the U.S. or targeted countries.
- Al Qaeda (AQ)
- Haqqani Network (HQN)
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief description of the group, and summarize its origins.
- Explain the group’s major motivation(s) (beliefs or causes), and / or its justification for engaging in terrorism.
- Describe the group’s major sources of both financial and non-financial support.
the importance of the group’s use of media to aid in its terrorist
activities. Indicate, at a minimum, the group’s purpose for using the
media, the image being portrayed, and the preferred methods of
- Determine whether or not the group has a legitimate complaint or demand. Defend your response.
whether or not the group and its activities are of importance to the
U.S., and explain the key reasons that they are or are not significant.
the response of the U.S. to the group or its activities, regardless of
whether or not either the group or its activities directly threaten or
target the U.S. Determine whether or not that response has been
effective. Support your answer with examples of such effectiveness—or
the lack thereof.
- Suggest the major changes you would make
geared toward increasing the efficiency of the U.S.’s response to the
group. Justify your response.
- Use at least five (5) quality
resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do
not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Interpret the operational functioning of terrorist groups.
- Describe the history and development of the major terrorist groups in the world.
- Analyze current terrorist threats and the role of terrorist networks.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in Terrorism and Antiterrorism.
- Write clearly and concisely about terrorism and antiterrorism using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic /
organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the
following rubric found here.
By submitting this paper, you agree: (1) that you are
submitting your paper to be used and stored as part of the SafeAssign™
(2) that your institution may use your paper in accordance with your
institution’s policies; and (3) that your use of SafeAssign will be
without recourse against Blackboard Inc. and its affiliates.