How many of us procrastinate or view ourselves as master procrastinators? I know I do. Most of my life as an undergrad student I must say was spent focused under the crunch time, right up against a deadline.
After watching the following very humorous TED Talk by Tim Urban, please answer the following questions:
- What does Urban claim about procrastinators? Why does he think people really procrastinate?
- What does Urban think we should do about procrastination? Does he offer any solutions?
- Could you identify with what Urban says here? How often do you procrastinate? Why do you think you do it? Why can’t you break the habit?
- Pick two of the big three rhetorical strategies (ethos, pathos, logos) and discuss: Does Urban effectively appeal to his audience?
- What was your biggest takeaway or AHA moment from this Talk?
“Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator” | Tim Urban
- Your initial response should be about 150-300 words per question.
- Your response to at least one classmate should be about 150-200 words long and be more than “I agree” or “I like what you said.” Engage in conversation!