Look at Source 3. This is an extract from Churchillâ€™s speech to the House of Commons on 22 February 1938.
- Why is it helpful to think about how and where this speech was delivered?
- What examples can you find in Churchillâ€™s speech of exaggerated or emotive language?
- What is the immediate cause for Edenâ€™s resignation according to Churchill?
- Can we trust Churchillâ€™s wider explanation for Edenâ€™s resignation?
- What are Churchillâ€™s views on how foreign policy should be handled at this time?
WEBSITE NEEDED: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/education/resou…