Assignment 1.2: Industrialization After the Civil
War Final Paper
Due Week 5 and worth 120 points
After the Civil War, the United States became a much more industrialized
society. Between 1865 and 1920, industrialization improved American life in many
ways. However, industrialization also created problems for American society.
Consider events that took place after the Civil War and discuss ways that
industrialization affected the U.S. between 1865 and 1920.
You have already developed a thesis statement and developed an outline in
which you identify three main points relevant to your topic. Now you will
develop the final paper in which you explore your main points in
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement.
- Discuss three (3) major aspects of industrialization between 1865 and 1920.
In your response, consider society, the economy, and politics.
- Identify three (3) specific groups that were affected by industrialization
and provide two examples for each group describing how the group was affected.
(Consider issues such as race, ethnicity, gender, child labor, etc.)
- Summarize how industrialization affected the life of the average working
American during this period. Use specific examples and details.
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the
textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA style or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Identify and discuss the different ways that the heritage of slavery, the
Civil War, the Reconstruction, and segregation have shaped America’s
- Summarize and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have
influenced the direction of historical and social development in the United
- Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper