Outbreak Investigation Assignment (due October 11, 2016)
Gastroenteritis at a University in Texas (CB3076)
1. The Outbreak Investigation assignment consists of 2 components
a. Satisfactory completion of the on-line course
b. Satisfactory completion of assignment questions which relate to the material covered in the on-line course
2. Go to http://www.cdc.gov/epicasestudies/computer_gast.html
3. Click on registration form to register
4. Follow directions related to registration and log-in information
5. After completing the registration and log-in process, proceed to tutorial (takes 2 1/2-3 hours)
a. Complete the course
b. Print certificate submit to faculty. Unless certificate is submitted no grade will be entered for this assignment
c. Answer the following questions and submit by due date.
1. When and where did the event take place? Be specific.
2. Identify the population at risk. Make sure you include the total population at risk.
3. What symptoms were exhibited by the affected population?
4. What was the immediate response when the population involved started to exhibit symptoms?
5. What were the suspected source(s) of the agent?
6. What were the suspected mode(s) of transmission of the agent?
7. Describe the clinical investigation and results.
8. Describe the environmental investigation and results.
9. What was the final diagnosis?
10. Discuss this outbreak in terms of the epidemiologic triangle.