- How difficult is it to operationalize HICS (Hospital Incident Command System)? What are some of the challenges associated with HICS implementation? What are some solutions to the identified challenges?
- Who needs to be trained in HICS and why?
- Should different staff receive different levels of training?
Reference to appropriate authoritative resources and official websites. Must be accessible online. Use New Times Roman 12 font with 1” margins and APA style.The answer should be at least 250 words.
In the attachments some readings may help you to understand the idea:
Reilly, M., &Markenson, D. S. (2010). Health Care Emergency Management: Principles and Practice
- Chapter 2: Introduction to Hospital and Healthcare Emergency Management
- Chapter 9: Functional Roles of Hospital Workers in Disasters and Public Health Emergencies
Reilly, M., &Markenson, D. S. (2009). Education and training of hospital workers: Who are essential personnel during a disaster?Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, 24(3), 239-245.
Jensen, J. and Waugh, W. L. (2014), The United States’ Experience with the Incident Command System: What We Think We Know and What We Need to Know More About. Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, 22: 5–17. doi: 10.1111/1468-5973.12034