Discussion 2 – GIS and The Geospatial Revolution in YOUR Life
Now that you have a better idea just how pervasive GIS technologies are, and the kinds of ways that they can be used, think about how Geographic Information Systems have impacted your life.
Open these links and read through the lists describing how GIS is used in a variety of applications:
Select two of the example applications and discuss how GIS use in that field has likely been influencing your life and why/how that is important.
- Articulate a GIS-linked application that relates to your day-to-day life
- Describe the geospatial aspects of the GIS application
- Relate geospatial technology to a biological, environmental, physical science, social science, other academic discipline
Based on material presented, response to each question.
Reminder, select 2 GIS applications.
- Each response should be 1-2 paragraphs (5-10 complete sentences).
- Submit all answers as a single document via D2L
1. What application/use did you select and why?
2. How has this application/use impacted your life?
3. Describe the geospatial aspect of your selection.
4. What might broader impacts of this technology be on society?
Submit a single document with your response to each question before class on the due date.