Review the Global Education and Global
Citizenship video and read the article “A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents
and Outcomes” by Stephen Reysen and Iva Katzarska-Miller. Please take some
time to reflect on how the concept of global citizenship has shaped your
identity and respond to the following prompts:
- Based on the video, explain the importance of educating others on global
- Address each of the following outcomes of global citizenship as they pertain
to the development of your own identity: intergroup empathy, valuing diversity,
social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level
of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world (found in the
article). Explain how your environment influences these outcomes.
- Provide at least two personal examples or events in your life that
illustrate the development of global citizenship based on the outcomes.
- Analyze how your general education courses influenced you to become a global
- Demonstrate critical thinking by accurately interpreting the evidence
(scholarly sources) provided.
- Must be 750 – 1,000 words in length (excluding title and reference pages)
and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must cite at least the two sources used for this assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page
VIDEO TO REFERENCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXzRHbISFW0