Spend at least 5 hours to complete the following clinical field experience.
Interview at least three special education team members, one of whom must be an administrator, about IEP processes.
Write this about interviewing 3 females in the profession.
Consider the following questions:
- What individuals are asked to attend an IEP meeting?
- Have you ever had an educational advocate attend an IEP meeting? Describe the role of the advocate and experiences during the IEP meeting.
- What is the difference between an annual IEP and an IEP review? How does your team document the review of the IEP if the annual IEP and review occur in the same meeting?
- How do you determine the specific needs of an individual with exceptionalities?
- How are determined needs addressed in the present level of performance, goals, and services sections of the IEP?
- How do you specifically build on the strengths of individuals with exceptionalities?
- Are individuals with exceptionalities typically involved in the IEP meeting and/or in the development of the IEP? Why or why not?
Summarize your observations and interviews in 250-500-words. Draw conclusions and explain how you plan to apply your findings to your practice as a professional.
APA format and plagarism free.