Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Determine the major project milestones and the required delivery dates. Analyze why each milestone is critical to the project.
- Document the main assumptions and exclusions (taken from scope
statement), dependencies, risks, and any other major issues of the
project. Select the top-three (3) important risks of the project, and
suggest approaches to address those risks. Hint: mitigation, avoidance, acceptance or transfer.
- Explain the techniques of reducing project duration, and determine
if any is applicable to your project. If so, expand on the technique to
be used. If not, explain as to why no technique is applicable.
- Define the control process and describe the control steps. Be sure
to expand on the description of Baseline Plan and Measuring the Progress
and Performance using an Earned Value (EV) system.
- Describe Cost Variance and Schedule Variance. Then, assume that your
project is at the half-way point, time-wise. Assuming that you have
your baseline budget (PV) in hand, imagine or make up the Actual Cost
(AC), and based on the available information, assess the project status
with regard to cost and schedule.
- Explain the project closure process, and describe the major considerations for closing your project, smoothly.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA
format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.