Discussion 2: Cash Flow and Financial Analysis
Part 1: Importance of Cash
Generating cash is the ultimate responsibility for managers today. Cash and cash flow are considered the “lifeblood” of a business.
How important has cash generation been for your current company or a prior employer? How is cash generation different from the concept of profit and loss (P&L) in accounting? Provide an example of how a company manages cash flow.
Part 2: Application of Concepts/Financial Analysis
Review the materials in the link below. Based on the materials presented in this link, discuss why financial analysis is important in the overall understanding of the financial performance of a firm. Be specific and give examples based on your experience or research.
Read and respond to your classmates. Respond to at least 3 of your classmates’ posts
2. In your response to your classmates, consider comparing cash generation techniques at your company versus his or her company. Draw distinctions based on the industry and tell your colleagues why those distinctions are necessary for the management of cash flow. Below are additional suggestions on how to respond to your classmates’ discussions:
· Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
· Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
· Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research.
· Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
· Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
· Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Main post 500 – 750 words, response to classmate’s posts 250 words each.