- Discuss how communication plays a role in academic, professional, personal, and civic aspects of your life. Next, provide two (2) examples of how communication affects your life.
Due Process” Please respond to the following:
- Discuss the difference in the due process offered through the 5th Amendment vs. the due process offered through the 14th Amendment. Provide an example of each type of due process.
- Imagine that a father slows but does not stop his car at a stop sign because he is taking his sick child to the emergency room at the hospital. A police car is trying to stop him for this infraction yet the father keeps driving. Determine whether or not you believe this action may be “above the law”. Support your position.
Law and Morality” Please respond to the following:
- Legal cases often reflect more than legalities; they may result from personal interpretations of the moral compass of society. Discuss how our complex society incorporates both utilitarian and deontological philosophies into case law and which you think predominates. Explain why you think that way.
- In the case, The Florida Bar vs. Pape, two attorneys were disciplined because their television advertisement featured a pit bull with a spiked collar and their firm’s telephone number, 1-800-PIT-BULL. Provide an example of a current advertisement for a licensed professional and what you identify that may have a professional ethical implication. Follow up with examples of how the advertisement may be changed to meet standards of professional ethical behavior.