Week 6 Discussion Forum 1
Deliverable length: 3-part response: See assignment details
- Delineate the role of hospitality within tourism
To receive full credit for this Discussion Forum assignment and to facilitate an academic discussion, the following 3 parts need to be completed:
1.Primary Task Response – must be posted in the forum 5 days prior to due date.
2.Peer Responses (2) – must be posted 2 days prior to due date.
3.Summary Post: must be posted by due date listed in the assignment list.
Part 1: Primary Task
Within the Discussion Forum area, write in no less than 150 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- Choose 3 main topics (from below) that you feel you learned the most about in this course.
- Share with the class what you learned about these topics and how they apply or have impacted the travel industry.
- Describe what you would consider essential information in relation to a business environment.
- Discuss how the hospitality and tourism industries are intertwined. Provide 3 supporting examples.
- Describe how marketing for a destination be undertaken.
- To answer this question, select a city, and discuss how that city could specifically market for both tourism and hospitality.
- Explain how supply and demand economics are critical to the hospitality industry.
- Discuss traditional travel agents as they compete with OTA (Online Travel Agents) and how they survive in the industry.
- Describe online intermediaries and packager’s aid in making reservations for hotel rooms, airlines, restaurants, and/or rental cars.
- Identify impact of transportation infrastructure is important to the success of a tourist destination.
- Explain how technology has changed the ways to make reservations.
- Discuss how vacation travel trends in the 21st century and effect tourism destinations.
- The role the National Parks Services play in the tourism industry.
- Identify concerns and limitation to group partnership travel.