Deliverable Length: 1 Excel spreadsheet and 1 paper of 1,500-2,000 words
Based on the following information, calculate net present value (NPV), internal rate of return (IRR), and payback for the investment opportunity:
* EEC expects to save $500,000 per year for the next 10 years by purchasing the supplier.
* EEC’s cost of capital is 14%.
* EEC believes it can purchase the supplier for $2 million.
Answer the following:
* Based on your calculations, should EEC acquire the supplier? Why or why not?
* Which of the techniques (NPV, IRR, or payback period) is the most useful tool to use? Why?
* Which of the techniques (NPV, IRR, or payback period) is the least useful tool to use? Why?
* Would your answer be the same if EEC’s cost of capital were 25%? Why or why not?
* Would your answer be the same if EEC did not save $500,000 per year as anticipated?
* What would be the least amount of savings that would make this investment attractive to EEC?
* Given this scenario, what is the most EEC would be willing to pay for the supplier?
Prepare a memo to the President of EEC that details your findings and shows the effects if any of the following situations are true:
* EEC’s cost of capital increases.
* The expected savings are less than $500,000 per year.
* EEC must pay more than $2 million for the supplier