At this point, you have had a chance to think about and develop the skills to be a multidisciplinary team member using the multidisciplinary approach to address complex issues. In this discussion, reflect on what you learned by answering the following as it relates to your personal growth and social responsibility using the Multidisciplinary approach.
- Explain how you have personally grown in social responsibility as a consequence of completing this course on the multidisciplinary approach.
- Name three strengths that you have personally developed in this course toward becoming a multidisciplinary human services professional. Why did you choose these strengths?
- Name three areas you would like to strengthen as you continue through your degree program. Why did you choose these areas?
- Summarize your personal experience with the multidisciplinary approach.
- Gathering information: You approached the problem initially by informing yourself, and collecting data and information that helped you understand the problem.
- Synthesizing and analyzing ideas: You were able to create a clear problem statement by determining the main issue and the main client.
- Collaborative discussion: You participated in one or more discussions involving professionals and clients, taking care to pool information and perspectives, then moving toward capturing the characteristics of an effective solution.
- Developing recommendations to address the course of action: Now your job is to define in writing what an effective solution would look like.