i need help with the assignment
i attached that check please and read carefully !
Synthesize an understanding of spreadsheet design/development functions and practices. MS Excel is available in selected computer labs (see Blackboard). The following resources have been posted to Blackboard or are available online.
- European Spreadsheet Risks Interest Group (EuSpRig) (n.d.). Best Practice. EuSpRig. Retrieved from http://www.eusprig.org/index.htm.
- Excel 2016 Training (n.d.). Hoonuit/Atomic Learning. Avail https://www.atomiclearning.com.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) (2015). Twenty Principles for Good Spreadsheet Practice, Second Edition. ICAEW. Retrieved from: http://www.icaew.com/-/media/corporate/files/technical/information-technology/excel-community/166-twenty-principles-for-good-spreadsheet-practice.ashx?la=en.
- Panko, R. R. (2008). What We Know About Spreadsheet Errors. Working paper. Retrieved from http://panko.shidler.hawaii.edu/ssr/Mypapers/whatknow.htm.
- Spreadsheet Standards Review Board (SSRB) (n.d.). Best Practice Spreadsheet Modeling Standards. SSRG. Retrieved from http://www.ssrb.org.
Note: Hoonuit/Atomic Learning may be accessed via Blackboard (under the â€œStudent Toolsâ€ button) or via the website (http://www.atomiclearning.com/login/ut/, log on using Spartans Domain user ID and password). Search for tutorials using the search box (search for â€œExcel 2016â€) or drop-down menus.
Briefly respond to the following:
- Microsoft (MS) Excel Design Functions. Review MS Excel design/development functions (formulas, linking, pivot tables, etc.).
- Poor Spreadsheet Design/Development Practices.
- Good Spreadsheet Design/Development Practices.
- MS Excel Atomic Learning Tutorials (Formulas). Complete Excel 2016 – Frequently Used Formulas & Functions Training tutorials: B. Formulas (required) and C. Linking and Consolidating Worksheets (required) module tutorials. List the modules completed and provide a brief synopsis what you learned within each module (Note: You do not have to provide a synopsis of each individual tutorial video within each module).
- MS Excel Atomic Learning Tutorials (Pivot Tables). Complete Excel 2016 – Pivot Tables tutorials: A. Getting Started (required), B. Creating and Deleting (required), C. Custom Appearance and Layout (required), D. Printing Options and Copying a Pivot Table (required), E. Summarizing with Totals and Formulas (required), F. Refreshing Data (required), G. Pivot Charts (optional), and I. Sparklines and Slicers (optional) module tutorials. List the modules completed and provide a brief synopsis what you learned within each module (Note: You do not have to provide a synopsis of each individual tutorial video within each module).
- Identify two poor spreadsheet design/development practices. Explain the implications of each poor practice you identified. Hint: Search for â€œbad spreadsheet development practicesâ€ or â€œspreadsheet design errorsâ€.
- Explain how poor spreadsheet design/development practices contribute to spreadsheet integrity/reliability problems. Explain the potential accounting/business implications of poor spreadsheet design/development practices. Hint: Search for â€œspreadsheet errorsâ€ or â€œspreadsheet horror storiesâ€ or â€œspreadsheet risksâ€.
- Explain why the majority of spreadsheets typically contain serious errors. Hint: Search for â€œspreadsheet error statisticsâ€ or â€œwhy spreadsheets contain errorsâ€.
- Identify two good spreadsheet design/development practices and list them in order of priority. Explain the implications of each good practice you identified. Hint: Search for â€œgood spreadsheet development practicesâ€ or â€œspreadsheet design best practices.â€
- Explain how good spreadsheet design/development practices contribute to spreadsheet integrity/reliability. Explain the accounting/business implications of good spreadsheet design/development practices. Hint: Consider reporting, compliance, and auditing issues.
- Review the systems development life cycle (SDLC) in the course notes/text. Explain how the SDLC may facilitate sound spreadsheet design/development.
Improving Spreadsheet Design/Development. Recommend two practical solutions to spreadsheet design/development concerns you identified above. That is, how would you go about ensuring sound spreadsheet design/development within a real-world organization? Consider the practicability of your recommendations.