Note: This Discussion serves as practice for the first part of your Evaluation Project. What you derive from your Discussion with colleagues will likely inform the work that you do in Part 1 of the Evaluation Project.
The Discussion focuses on the following major topics in the health care information field:
Implementing HIT Systems
- Consumer health information
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE)
- Decision support systems
- Electronic health records (EHR)
- Tele-medicine and eHealth
- Nursing documentation
Other Issues Related to the Use of HIT Systems
- Unforeseen consequences
- Select at least two topics from the lists above that are relevant to your current organization or that are of particular interest to you. Read the articles in this weekâ€™s Learning Resources that relate to these topics. Consider why these topics are of interest to you, what relevance they have to health care organizations, and how they impact your professional responsibilities. Choose one topic to be the focus of your Evaluation Project, and consider potential evaluation goals.
- Determine the viewpoint from which you would approach the evaluation, and why.
Post the two topics you identified as most relevant to your organization or to you personally, and explain why you selected those topics. Identify the topic you selected for your Evaluation Project, and propose three potential evaluation goals for this topic. Identify the viewpoint you would use with each goal, and explain why.