Completing this assignment will help you name and identify the skills and abilities that will move your career forward.
a specific job opening posted online within the last 9 months. You will
develop a Job Application Cover Letter (as though you were applying to
that position) that highlights and emphasizes why you are the most
suitable candidate for this position. For the purposes of this
assignment, you can present yourself as a recent graduate if needed.
the cover letter on page 1 of the submission and then include a link to
the job posting on page 2 (a copy and paste of the link is acceptable
and the link must work). To compose the letter, use the general writing
guidelines on pp. 266-267 in the text for structural and content
guidance. Note: An example can be found on p. 263, Figure 13.8.
The message should take the form of a business letter; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
The job letter / application message must adhere to the following requirements:
- Highlight relevant background and job history information specific to the opening.
- Emphasize significant qualifications and exclude nonessential ideas.
- Follow proper letter formatting techniques per business letter format.
- Use an appropriate and professional greeting and closing.
- Use professional language.
- Paragraphs effectively developed and efficient. Note: Six (6) or seven (7) lines when possible.
- Make sure there are no grammar or spelling errors.
- Eliminate wordiness and unclear sentence construction.
This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS).
The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please
take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Plan, create, and evaluate professional documents.
- Write clearly, coherently, and persuasively using proper grammar, mechanics, and formatting appropriate to the situation.
- Deliver professional information to various audiences using appropriate tone, style, and format.
- Develop presentation skills for use in the professional environment.