Consolidation of Financial Information:
- Per the FASB, there is a presumption that consolidated financial statements are more meaningful (e.g., provide the most relevant information) than separate financial statements for the end users. Take a position on whether you agree or disagree with this presumption. Provide support for your rationale.
- Analyze the main differences in the definition of control between U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) prepared consolidated financial statements and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) prepared financial statements. Determine which definition of control provides the most useful information to the end users. Provide support for your rationale.
- Government Budgeting and Control:
- Video Source: National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO). (2013, May 20). NASBO The State Budget Process [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt_yubkp4HI.
- Analyze the steps in the budgeting process summarized in the NASBO presentation and discuss how the actions in the process can improve the value and reliability of budget-to-actual comparisons used in budget estimates. Provide an explanation for the budget-to-actual limitations.
One page per question~