Complete the Learning Exercise 1.14 (Will Attach File)- How Good Are Your Decision Making Skills? survey (located in Chapter 1 of the textbook).
- Answer each statement as honest as possible. Once you have completed the survey, grade your responses.
- 0 = Not at all
- 1 = Rarely
- 2 = Sometimes
- 3= Often
- 4= Very Often
- Then, add up your statement responses – total points for each of the six elements.
- Establishing a Positive Decision-Making Environment (Statements 3, 7, 13, and 16) Total 16 points
- Generating Potential Solutions (Statements 4, 8, and 11) Total 12 points
- Evaluating Alternatives (Statement 1, 6, and 15) Total 12 points
- Deciding (Statements 5, 10, and 17) Total 12 points
- Checking the Decision (Statements 2 and 9) Total 8 points
- Communicating and Implementing (Statements 12, 14, and 18) Total 12 points
- Then, rate the degree of positiveness for each of the six elements.
- Example: My score for the first element (Establishing a Positive Decision-Making Environment) Total 16 points is:
- Statement #3 – I answered Rarely = 1 point
- Statement #7 – I answered Sometimes = 2 points
- Statement #13 – I answered Sometimes = 2 points
- Statement #16 – I answered Very Often = 4 points
- Total points 9 out of 16
- Now, evaluate each element.
- For the example above, you might summarize that you are a moderate when it comes to establishing a positive decision-making environment. I feel that this is inaccurate, because I always establish a positive decision-making environment. The reason I say this is because everyone at work tells me that it always feels positive when I am in charge. (This is just an example)
- Your paper should be:
- One (1) page
- Typed according to APA style for margins, formatting and spacing standards
- Typed into a Microsoft Word document, save the file, and then upload the file
- Upload your file by clicking “Browse My Computer” for Attach File.
Use the book for the reference citation. The book is the following:
Title: Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing
Authors: Bessie L. Marquis & Carol J. Huston
Edition: 9th ed. (2017)
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer