Complete an annotated bibliography of some of the secondary sources you think you might use in your final essay (for our purposes Backpack Literature counts as a primary source). Follow these guidelines:
· Write at least 1,000 words for the bibliography as a whole.
· Include 5 sources or more.
· Alphabetize your entries.
· Use MLA documentation style.
· Include an abstract of about 5 to 8 sentences for each item.
· Use at least three print or database sources (i.e., books, journals, magazines, etc. General Internet sources usually are taboo.). Do not use Wikipedia, Shmoop University, Spark Notes, or other such sites. They are NOT good sources for a college-level paper.
· Try to use sources published within the last five years. Some exceptions to this rule are acceptable; ask me in advance. The more current your information is, the better.
Want to see some sample annotated-bibliography entries? Go to http://spectrum.troy.edu/robertson (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Click “Handouts” on the left hand menu, and then scroll down near the bottom of the page. You’ll find samples there.