You are an information security manager for a large retail sporting goods store. The sporting goods store is involved in the following in which they:
Maintain an internal network and an intranet protected by a firewall
Maintain a Web server in the DMZ that is protected by another firewall
Accept credit card sales in the store and over the Web via e-Commerce transactions
- Maintain an email server for employee email communication and communication with other business partners and customers
Maintain a wireless network within the store
- Use RFID for inventory and theft prevention
Maintain a Facebook presence
- Provide health screening for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and other potential health risks
The CEO is concerned about the amount of information that is being collected and maintained within the organization.
- Write a 3-5 page paper in which you:
Describe the major privacy issues facing organizations today.
- Analyze the major privacy issues described above and compare that to the potential privacy risks facing the sporting goods store.
Explain the security risks and applicable laws that govern the privacy risk.
- Describe the security measures that the organization needs to implement to mitigate the risks.