choose a book or film need to be a gender arguing film or book and to write a review example attached
Relax! Stop worrying about deadlines and let our professional writers help you. Hire an essay writer helper and receive a professional assignment before your deadline. We provide writing services for all types of academic assignments.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
RIP Project Prompt(what arguable claim is this author making about gender?)
This project shifts the rhetorical situation from analyzing a message from the position of an audience member to one in which you yourself are a creator, producing a text that is relevant to the class theme or texts.
This project imitates what you’ll be asked to do often in both your college career and afterwards—discern what you want to say, who you want to say it to, and how best to do so.
The RIP is a culmination of the work you’ve done in this class with respect to your understanding of both genre and rhetoric.
The RIP assignment has two parts: project and essay.
1. Project: You will craft a text having selected a purpose and audience that addresses the class theme (or responds to one of the class texts). You will then select an appropriate genre for this project, and demonstrate your rhetorical know-how by selecting appropriate rhetorical choices for this situation.
Here are some suggested genres for your RIP Project.
- A review of a recent film dealing with gender, or a film review of Orlando, with some kind of call to reconsider the older work (must get the film approved).
- A book review of a recent book dealing with gender (must get the book approved).
- A newspaper opinion piece or personal essay, making an argument about some aspect of gender and modern life.
- A satirical article about — OR an actual satire of — one of the books we’ve read together in class
*The only genre you may NOT write is a short story, but if you want to write in a genre not listed above, you must find a model of a genre you wish to emulate, and discuss it with me first. Models are absolutely key to doing well on the RIP project and essay.
2. Essay: In the RIP Essay, your job is to write a paper, aimed at an academic audience, with two separate goals:
- To persuade your audience of a message — a version of the same message you are trying to persuade in your RIP Project, but you’ll convey it differently, because this is an academic essay. This part of the essay should use the book/film you’re discussing as primary source evidence, and should include rhetorical analysis of that source. It should look a lot like your RA essay! The “message” of your RIP project will become the main claim (thesis) of this part of your RIP essay.
- To explain to your audience why you created your RIP Project, and what rhetorical choices you made in order to communicate your message within the genre of your project. This part of the text should draw on the model texts (you’ll find several models of your chosen genre, from which you’ll find and emulate genre conventions) as secondary sources. Here, you will treat your RIP Project as your primary source. Your main claim (thesis) will be something like, “this genre offers me an effective way to convey my message to my audience because…”
The RIP essay should be between 500-800 words long. A minimum of three (3) sources must be cited in the essay, that demonstrate your understanding of your chosen genre and your understanding of the texts/ideas you’ve studied throughout the quarter.
*The companion essay is worth as much as the project itself. Together, the RIP Project and Essay should be comparable in length and substance to the RA (1500+ words).
Here is some example:
1. Film Reviews:
https://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/19/movies/review-film-festival-witty-pretty-bold-a-real-she-man.html (Links to an external site.)
https://www.indiewire.com/2010/07/review-gender-division-looking-back-at-sally-potters-orlando-54899/ (Links to an external site.)
General interest: http://variety.com/2013/film/reviews/frozen-review-1200782020/ (Links to an external site.)
(Links to an external site.)For parents: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/frozen-0 (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
2. Orlando Book Reviews (which tie the book in with contemporary gender issues):
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/sep/03/different-sex-same-person-how-woolfs-orlando-became-a-trans-triumph (Links to an external site.)
https://www.vulture.com/2018/10/why-virginia-woolfs-orlando-feels-essential-right-now.html (Links to an external site.)
. Review of biography on Woolf:
https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/chasing-the-writer-virginia-woolf/ (Links to an external site.)
Great students hand in great papers. Order our essay service if you want to meet all the deadlines on time and get top grades. Professional custom writing is the choice of goal-focused students. Word on the online streets is... we're simply the best!
Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper