The separation of the juvenile court from the adult court for hearing juvenile delinquency cases is a major social justice statement. Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 6 and 7 in your textbook. In addition,
- Read Trauma-Informed Juvenile Justice Systems: A Systematic Review of Definitions and Core Components.
- Read Three Years of Teen Court Offender Outcomes.
- Read Restorative Sentencing: Exploring the Views of the Public.
- Watch Juvenile Prison: Interview and Court Hearing.
The textbook lays out five critical thinking questions at the end of Chapter 6, answer this one:
- Do you think Child Protective Services has â€œrun its courseâ€ like some critics suggest? Or should it be revamped? How would you revamp such a service?
Your initial post should be at least 350 words in length. You must use at least one APA 6th edition in-text citation. Support your claims with examples from the required materials and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.