- Read from Page 387 through to Page 414
- Turn to Page 394 and read: IT at Work 13.2: Microsoft International’s HR Team Optimizes Business Processes
- Answer the 3 Questions on Page 396
- Turn to Page 401 and read: IT at Work 13_4: High-Tech Census Project Fails – An Analysis
- Answer the 2 questions on p. 402
- Turn to Page 416 and read the Pep Boy’s IT Planning Process Case study.
- Answer the 4 questions on Page 416
QUESTIONS ARE BELOW!!!
1.Why did Microsoft Internation have inefficient HR business processes – until this HR initiative was completed in 2-10?
2.Does it seem strange that a mega-multinational computer software and services company had not been able to “ensure that the right people are doing the right work at the right time across our business processes” until 2010?
3.What may have motivated or pressured Microsoft Internation to standardize its HR processes?
4.What went wrong? Make a list of things that went wrong and classify them as technology-related, management-related, and/or project-related (due to changes in the scope of the project).
5.. Consider the statement: “hope is not a plan.” Does that statement apply to this project failure? Explain why or why not.
6. Diagram the process by which Pep Boys had collected data during it’s budget planning process.
- Use Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint or Word to create a diagram. (remember smart art?)
- Note the point value, make the diagram detailed.
- Attach the file to this question.
- ***Use your school email to register for the demos, and you can make up the rest of the data. Indicate you are a student, and you’ll be good to go.***
- Explain how this companies software improves the various planning processes?
8.Evaluate Pep Boys software vendor selection process. The outcome was successful, but given the selection process, what risks did they take?
9.In your opinion, why did the Adaptive Planning company provide Pep Boys with excellent service and support?