• In your own words, write a case brief of the Supreme Court’s decision in Safford v. Redding (2009). You can find the entirety of the opinion at the following link: https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/08-479.ZO.h…
• You do not need to read or discuss any concurring or dissenting opinions in your brief, just brief the majority opinion.
• Use 12-point, Times New Roman font, single-spaced.
• Include a heading at the top of your paper. In your heading, remember to indicate: your name / the class, the course CRN #, and the instructor / the assignment # / and the date. For example, a proper heading would look like this:
Criminal Law CRN# 20067, Prof. Carvill
• Failure to include a proper heading will result in a 10% grade reduction (-10 points).
• You must follow the case brief format. Minimally, your case brief should include the following sections and they should be clearly labeled:
Case Name & Citation:
Court Issuing the Opinion:
• Single-spaced, your brief should be no more than one full page in length. It should not be less than half a page in length.
• Write in complete sentences and use proper grammar. Widespread grammatical errors will hinder your clarity and your grade.
• Assignment #2 must be submitted to this Blackboard dropbox by end of day on 10/10/2018.
• Your submissions will all be checked by the Safe Assign plagiarism detection software. DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Write in your own words to the extent possible. A Safe Assign match report of 60% or higher will be potential grounds for a grade reduction.