First, calculate your ecological footprint (If you are having difficulty getting any of the proper information from the calculator, you may need to try a different web browser. For instance, if you are using Google Chrome, you may need to use Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla, etc. If you are using one of these and are experiencing difficulties, you may need to try Google Chrome, etc.).
- Use the Footprint Calculator to measure your ecological footprint and learn “how many Earths” it takes to support your lifestyle. Be sure to choose the “detailed response” option for each question.
- Answer each question in the quiz honestly and record your answers and results in the Environmental Footprint Reporting form.
Second, calculate your household carbon emissions.
- Use the Household Carbon Footprint Calculator to measure your carbon emissions and determine your environmental impact and the benefits of solutions.
- Section 1: Estimate your current total household emissions (from home energy use, vehicle use, waste).
- Section 2: Explore actions you can take to reduce your greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, and waste disposal costs.
- Section 3: See how much you can save (in dollars and emissions) by taking the actions you chose in Section 2.
- Answer each question in the quiz honestly and record your answers and results in the Environmental Footprint Reporting Form. Complete Tables A and B as well as assignment questions 1 through 4 in complete sentences on the Environmental Footprint Reporting Form.
- Once you have completed the required sections within the Environmental Footprint Reporting Form submit the document see attachment) The document does not need to include a title page or other APA formatting; however, if you utilize any outside sources in your answers, you must reference these sources in proper APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.