Select a health care issue or situation. Some examples include the following:
- The aging population
- Changing technology
- Health care insurance issues – underinsured, uninsured, and so on
- Health care spending
- Health care reform
Complete the Health Care Economic Issues Presentation.
Prepare a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with detailed speaker notes that includes the following information:
An analysis of the effectiveness of current procedures that are in place for the issue or situation you have selected. You should:
- Analyze how the evolution of health care has affected the financial decision-making process in your selected issue or situation
- Analyze how the evolution of health care has affected the financial decision-making process in general
- Analyze how the financial decision-making process has affected your chosen issue or situation
- Analyze the effect the policy and regulatory environment has had on the financial decision-making process of your chosen issue or situation
- Analyze the effect the policy and regulatory environment has had on the financial decision-making process in the health care industry in general
In your presentation, base your analysis on evolutional perspectives on health care economics and economic theories while completing the following:
- Examine who is involved in financial decision-making.
- Analyze what are the steps in the financial decision-making process.
- Examine what some of the specific outcomes that resulted from changes to the financial decision-making process.
- Analyze what some of the specific outcomes that resulted from changes in the regulatory environment.
- Analyze how your issue or situation has been affected by the changes.
In your presentation, recommend improvement strategies based on economic theories on the financial-decision making process and economic concepts. Include the following:
- Differentiate key players involved in the issue or situation.
- Differentiate microeconomic and macroeconomic perspectives and utilization.
- Examine tools that support best practices.
- Distinguish how benchmarking has been and can be used in financial-decision making processes and economic concepts.
- Differentiate economic incentives and competition.
- Distinguish global implications in financial decision-making processes and economic concepts.
Cite a minimum of four sources.
Format your sources consistent with APA guidelines