Critical Thinking: Major Information Security Incident (70 Points)
Identify a major information security incident that has occurred in the last 5 years. If possible, identify a breach that occurred in, or otherwise impacted, the Middle East. Review and analyze your chosen incident along the following dimensions:
- What went wrong?
- Why did it occur?
- Who was responsible?
- How could it have been prevented?
- What actions would you take to ensure that this security incident would not be replicated in your organization?
- Your critical evaluation should be 4-5 pages in length, not including the title or reference pages.
- You must include a minimum of two credible sources to support your evaluation. Use the Saudi Digital Library to find your resources.
- Your paper must follow Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, as appropriate.
- You are strongly encouraged to submit all assignments to the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting them to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment to the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check Student Guide.
There is SafeAssign Plagiarism Checker, If your score is above 25%, you will want to edit your assignment before submitting it for grading.
course name: CS562 â€“ Enterprise Cybersecurity
Course Materials: Whitman, M. E., & Mattord, H. J. (2018). Principles of information security (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning. ISBN: 9781285448367
- Chapter 10: Implementing Information Security in Principles of Information Security
- Palmer, A. (2016). A model framework for successful cybersecurity capacity building. Journal of Internet Law, 19(8), 15-19.
- Chapter 10 PowerPoint slides â€“ Principles of Information Security
- Wang C., Wood, L. C., Abdul-Rahman, H., & Lee, Y. T. (2016). When traditional information technology project managers encounter the cloud: Opportunities and dilemmas in the transition to cloud services. International Journal of Project Management, 34(3), 371-388.