Students will discuss the uniqueness of water
- Discuss how water has unique properties for a molecule its size, such as a very high boiling point and melting point.
- Discuss how each water molecule has two sources of partial positive charge and two of partial negative charge.
- Summarize how the extensive hydrogen bonding requires large amounts of energy to disrupt, and therefore it melts and boils at higher temperatures than other molecules of its relative size.
Step 1: Respond to the following:
Why does water have such unique properties?
Step 2: Read other students’ posts and respond to at least two other students. Incorporate personal experience, if appropriate, to help support or debate other students’ posts. If differences of opinion occur, debate the issues and provide examples to support opinions.
In your responses to your peersâ€™ posts, be concrete, make suggestions for change, including strategies, movements, obstacles, and so forth. Outside-the-box thinking and debate is encouraged.
Be sure to cite any outside sources in current APA format.
- Initial posts must be submitted by Wednesday at 11:59 pm CST. Subsequent replies are due by Sunday at 11:59 pm CST.
- Be certain to review the rubric to ensure that you are fulfilling the requirements.