Reread the article posted in this week’s module entitled Google Yourself. Perform a vanity search.
To get the most complete and accurate search results, search for things like your name, email address, home and work address, city, and phone number(s)â€”all written in a variety of ways. Also, put quotes around your search terms so Google will know to search for the exact phrase. Perform the following searches using your information:
- First and last name: “will bolding”
- First, middle, and last name: “will edward bolding”
- Last name followed by first name: “bolding, will”
- Last name followed by first and middle name: “bolding, will edward”
- First and last name, plus city (outside of quotes): “will bolding” chicago
- Street address: “555 elm st”
- Street address, plus city (outside of quotes): “555 elm st” chicago
- Email address: “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Phone number, plus area code (no spaces or hyphens): “3215554444”
Turn in the following:
- What did you find when you searched your name? What type of information and/or images came up?
- What surprised you about the results of your search?
- Do you think your presence on social media affected the results of the search? How? Explain.
- What impression are you giving to a future employer?
- What can you do to manage this impression? List 2-3 ideas.
Please help to do the exercise and give a comment for the 2 short videos.