Assignment 3: Planning a Software Development Project
- Determine the factors that must be considered and observed throughout the WBS development process and explain why.
- Create a WBS for the scope of the project. Note: The WBS must be in indented format as shown in Figure 5.5B in Chapter 5 of the text.
- Analyze the various activities required for this project and provide an estimate of duration for each activity based on the number of resources available for the project. Include assumptions and basis for each estimate.
- Recommend the estimation technique that should be used for each activity (i.e., PERT, Delphi, Analogy, Expert Judgment, or Rule of Thumb).
- Determine the major milestones that the project will encounter.
- Describe the logical sequence of planned activities required to achieve the project and analyze how monitoring durations on the critical path influence the success of the project.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Document all resources that would be required for this project within the Resource Sheet form within the software.
- List all the activities required for the project. Break down the activities by the major milestones.
- Enter the estimate of required durations, dependencies, and assign resources for each activity.
- Generate a Gantt chart that shows all of the project deliverables, from beginning to end.
- Explain the planning process for software projects.
- Develop a software project plan based on IEEE 1058 to solve a business problem.
- Compare the planning techniques in software projects.
- Explain and prepare project estimation plans.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT Project Leadership Strategies.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to IT Project Leadership Strategies using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to access the rubric for this assignment.