According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly
becoming integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship
between business and society is becoming more complex. Use the Internet
to research a Fortune 500 company of your choice. Use a tablet,
smartphone, laptop, desktop, or traditional video recorder to record a
maximum five to seven (5–7) minute dynamic video on the topics detailed
below. Alternatively, you may submit a four to six (4–6) page paper
instead of the video submission.
Note: If you are using a tablet or smartphone you
will need to email the video file to yourself, then save it to a
computer in order to upload to Blackboard. You may want to upload your
video to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox, if your email will not
let you send a large video file. Dropbox is accessible from all
smartphones and tablets from the Dropbox app.
Title: Your First Name, Your Last Name – Social Performance of Organizations
Tags: BUS475, Social Performance
Description: First Name, Last Name – BUS475 Assignment 1 (Date Uploaded ex. 1-14-2018)
Prepare and present a video that is a maximum of five to seven (5–7)
minutes OR write a four to six (4–6) page paper in which you:
- Specify the nature, structure, and types of products or services of
your company, and identify two (2) key factors in the organization’s
external environment that can affect its success. Provide explanation to
support the rationale.
- Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can
influence the organization’s financial performance. Provide support for
- Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with your company.
- Submit a reference page with at least four (4) quality references that you have used for this presentation / paper.
Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
If you choose the written paper, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which they are part of an interactive system.
- Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and society.
- Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility and citizenship.
- Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.