Review the attached case study file. Then, research current business, entrepreneurial history, and the industry it operates in. In your analysis, address the following:
- Would you consider Alibaba a “born global” firm?
- How effectively does Alibaba help entrepreneurs overcome “psychic” distance?
- Which internationalization entry modes has Alibaba favored? Were they all successful?
- How effectively has Alibaba utilized the five entrepreneurial strategies identified in the module overview?
- What are the strategic implications for action for Alibaba given your findings?
- Alibaba 2011 Annual Report and company website
- Company, industry, and rival analysis (OneSource, Global Data, MarketLine, and Lexis-Nexis Academic: Company Dossier)
- Recent events (Reuters, WSJ, Financial Times, etc.)
For additional details, please refer to the Case Study Guidelines and Rubric document posted below